Wednesday, March 12, 2008

InFiNiTy

I know...i know...
I have been AWOL for a minute, what can i say? the powers that be have been trying to hold me down...but they will not be able, insha allah!!


This one i knew i had to share with you guys...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

When i heard this quote like 2 weeks ago, i actually laughed and thought in my mind, that dude is just bitter against the human race joo!

As if Albert heard me, he orchestrated an occurence to prove to me that just when you think you can hear nothing 'stupider', another one just springs up on you. It went like this:

I went to work as usual on this day but i was told that my station was temporarily changed so that i could be in the same room with a group that i normally communicate with via email. They were trying to make the relationship more personal; it did not work tho!!!

So while i am in this room with like 5 people, work is going on as usual until this molato girl comes in all ghetto fab, loud...you know the type. The moment she walked in, noise start o. we no go fit hear word again. She has an opinion about everything and she no even know jack shit!!

But of all the shit that rolled off her tongue and fell out her mouth, these two really made me apologize to Einstein for not believing him in the first place.

First:

Dude 1: mehn, i'm hungry. y'all want some food from the five guys down the road?

African Babe: no. i prefer jamaican.

Dude 1: oh yea! actually there is this jamaican place not too far from here, they serve this stuff they call plaintain. Its like bananas but its fried. That joint good (talking to the other dude in the room)

African babe: yup! plaintain is good. trust me

Dude 2: oh for real? cool lets try that then.

Molato: whachu 'caull' it again?

Dude 1: plaintains. i swear, i tried it once and i been going back ever since mehn.

Molato: oh hell no. I ain gon try that shit.

Dude 1: Why not?

Molato: I ain gon eat no shit that sound like Plantation

You need to have seen how my jaws dropped. If she was trying to be funny, it would have been a good, even great joke; but she was serious as a heart attack.
everybody was shocked but i was stunned because i could not believe that she was not making a joke. I am sure Albert was sticking his tongue out at me like "i told you so"

I was still recovering from the first blow to my sensibilities when the second one came and just knocked me out.

Dude 1: so i'm gonna get the lil jerk chicken joint wif the plaintain and some rice.

Dude 2: Whats the difference between jerk chicken and regular chicken?

Molato: Duh!! Jerk chicken is jerked!!

Silence........

All these stupidity from one single person's mouth in a space of 10 mins? gaddamn!!

I just looked straight at the sky and mouthed, " i will never disbelieve anything you say ever again Albert. you talk true!!"

Then they ask me, "InCog, why dont you ever say nothing?"

I say "nothing, i just be chillin."

in my mind, "cos y'all so stupid, i will be losing brain cells talking wif most of you!!"

i dont intend to be condescending but maybe its just this particular group.

11 comments:

Brilliantly Me said...

L.M.A.O!!! Sounds like this chick I was talking to one day that refused to believe that Africa isn't a country but a continent.

Luckily I work with smart African Americans so they don't even try that bs with me, they know I'll just give them a nice tongue lashing.

Oh and btw, I had a "foreign language moment" on Saturday. Some Egyptian guys were talking about my boobs in Arabic and I was just smiling at them until they were done and I said "thank you very much" in Arabic.

InCogNaija said...

ROTFLMFBAO!!! it was ur boobs they were talking about? how messed up for them.

O'Dee said...

lol! "Jerk chicken is jerked", she needs 2 do some serious thinking b4 she opens her mouth.

Brilliantly Me said...

Lol...lucky for them, they were complimenting them.

InCogNaija said...

@oluwadee:omo, you have no idea. whether she even has thinking capabilities, thats something to be researched!
@rayo:i am sure you were standing there all perky perky feeling like all that and a bag of chips ehn? lol! God saved them.
@Honeywell: I mean, i was trying to hold my own o in the midst of all that foolishness. I figured i will be loosing brain cells trying to figure out the way her mind works so i just let it go.She is prolly also one of those i tell that we live in trees and the taller your tree, the richer you are, and they chop. i tire for all this kain olodo-ness...i cant shout. lol!

princesa said...

LMAO!!!
Tew tew funny!
I couldnt have been able to stop myself from totally cracking up if i was there. YOu try sef just maintain like say nothing happen.

princesa said...

LMAO!!!
Tew tew funny!
I couldnt have been able to stop myself from totally cracking up if i was there. YOu try sef just maintain like say nothing happen.

Afrobabe said...

lol...yep...jerk chicken was jerked...lmao....

InCogNaija said...

@princesa: after a while, i was choking on stupidity, i had to leave the room and call sombosy to share it with. lol!!
@afrobabe: that makes logical sense doesnt it? lmao!

Semirah said...

Stupidity come on different levels...hers tops the list

Anonymous said...

Great work.