Friday, October 26, 2007

I REP NAIJA!!

I am a Naija in diaspora and once u leave the shores of motherland, you begin to crave everything nigerian. its crazy!! all the sorts of naija music i never used to pay attention to now get me all hyped and excited. the food...OMG!! the rot of some of the areas even...i crave that too. When did i become a junkie for everything naija? when did i begin to think that "fuji" was a great form of music? or that 'galala', the most erratic dance i ever seen, is so smooth?..........the day i left naija's shores.
Pidgin english becomes boys' first language, it is our best bet of re-assuring ourselves that we still got it... Naija, in us. We speak nothing else around each other. You are considered to be a 'faker' if u act like you cant speak 'pidgin'.
I am no Faker!!! I rep NAIJA!!!

1 comment:

theicequeen said...

omgomgomg!!! sooooo true ehn!!! one month away from naija and i started craving all things naija, i only listened to naija songs on my ipod, spoke pigdin on messenger at ever opportunity, and demanded for naija films (that i never watch in naija o!) to be mailed to me sharpish..not to mention the, "thats right, i'm Nigerian, bishhhh" attitude i developed...*sigh* i love my country ojare!!! :P